Sunday, April 22, 2012

LET'S GO FOR A TALK

Nope I already did.....What did you say? A talk or a walk?

How do you go for a...Talk?  Am I in trouble?

This one was quite simple and some thing we have done a few times.  Just not planned out to this extent.

As the Real Estate market heats back up we find ourselves with less and less time with each other.  It was funny that we had to schedule a "walk".  And now we were scheduling a "talk".

I had planned to take my wife to a concert in Colorado for some time.  We were going to fly there and spend the night.  The group was fantastic and I was all ready to go when she came up with a better idea.  "Let's drive."

What?  Why would we do that?  We can fly for next to nothing (since my wife works for the airlines), and it wouldn't take as long, and we can have more time to work.

I stopped in the middle of that last sentence and agreed to her plan.  We left at about 11:00 and took a nice drive to Greeley Colorado from Salt Lake City.  16 hours all together.  The whole time I don't think we turned on the radio at all.  We just talked about every thing that was going on at home and work and by the time we got there we were all caught up again.

The coolest thing about this date is that after the concert and spending the night we drove back home again.  We had time to talk about the concert. We stopped for breakfast, and just got everything back on track before our lives got real crazy again.

I still answered my phone while we drove along, but it didn't seem to bug her because she knew that I wasn't going anywhere when I hung up.  I would still be in the car talking to her about her life and how things were going. She was still there to talk to me about mine.  I don't think we have sat down and spent 16 straight hours talking since we drove across America on our honeymoon 25 years ago.

It was about time I guess.   

The group we went to go see in Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment