After driving for 15 hours we pulled into our driveway only to find out that our son and his wife had just gone to the hospital to give birth. "Hey, what's another drive?" I thought. 4 hours each way, should be fun.
Within hours my son was sending me pictures that made me forget about the driving and want to jump in the car and see my new baby grand-daughter. Miranda Colette Baird. She was born on 4/20/2012. I was so excited I didn't know what to do, so we got in the cars and left.
When we got there I could not believe it . I was instantly old. I had a grand-baby. I was a grandpa.
This was all too weird for me, but the baby was so cute I was just going to go with it.
I got to take the first shift at the hospital. This meant that I got to watch the baby while everyone else slept. Way cool! I just held her for a few hours as she slept. She smiled a few times while she had dreams about unicorns and stuff like that.
This is a first for me, but I am sure the 2nd, 3rd, and so on will be just as cool.
Then I had to drive back home. That got old fast.
CONGRATS Dave!! Very exciting. My Dad thinks being a Grandpa is the best thing in the whole world - you will be a great one! I couldn't open the photos for some reason, but I am sure she is beautiful. HB
ReplyDelete