Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MURFREESBORO??



Last time I wrote I just finished driving to Idaho to see my little grand baby Miranda.  Well the week after I got on a plane and flew to Florida to knock off a few more States.  Ya....I drove back to Utah.  It was the longest drive I have done in a while.  As I look back on my phone at all the pictures I have taken I remember all the dates I have forgotten to write about.




We started in Florida after a long flight through New York.  We took a cab to the the RV place and picked up our new RV.  Way cool.  Drove away after I showed them how to fix the GPS.  They didn't have a clue.  My wife was a little nervous about this but as soon as we got on the road she was excited to be driving back toward home.  Little did we know that the map would just keep stretching as we drove down the road toward our first night at Wal-Mart.



We drove from Orlando to Atlanta.  I remember the sign on the side of the road that said Georgia on your mind.  I laughed and said lets get through this state and on to the next ASAP.  It was really quite pretty, I just knew there were many more to come. Tennessee was next and the landscape didn't change much.  Lots of trucks all heading our way.  All heading to Wal-Mart to get a good nights rest.  At least every one told me you could sleep there for free as long as you shopped there at the same time.


When I saw the sign for Murfreesboro the next day I had to get off the exit and see if this town really existed.  Sure enough, the place where all my State Farm letters and invoices came from was actually a reality.  I cute town actually and not a bad place to live.  I just stopped for gas and a quick stretch of the legs and I was back on the road.

Kentucky was also awesome. Where did all these trees come from.  I live in a desert and this place was so green and lush.  It was an awesome drive and we were really having a great time.  Illinois started to dry out a little but still looked awesome. St. Louis was just as we left it.  The arch was really cool and I was getting a bit tired.  We decided to press on a little further before stopping for the night.  Kansas city is where I ran out of gas.  Not in the motor home but my body just could not go any further.  We pulled over in a parking lot and took a short nap. 2:00am  Eyes closed.

4:00  Wow its morning some where and I feel like I need to drive.  Back on the road and we are on the way.  Kansas city we decide to go north because the GPS says it will be faster. We drove the rest of the way to I-80 and then straight home.  That was the longest drive I have ever done.  But I had a lot of fun just talking to my wife along the way.

Drives like these remind me why I got married to her 26 years ago. We just like hanging out together and talking while the world moves by.

No comments:

Post a Comment