This wood is as close to Orange as I could find. Those are the colors of the High School I attended. Orange, Blue and White. It is for Paul Larson my High School choir teacher. He was the man that told me I could sing. I am sure that at that time in my life I REALLY HAD NO TALENT. But he didn't care. He kept me going year after year. Encouraging me to try out for the school plays and to sing in choirs. I was the kid in Auto Mechanics and Wood shop. Choir was not on my list of things to do. But it was important to him and it became important to me.
I still sing in Choirs today and I enjoy it. Along with woodworking and Auto tinkering. It did not have to be the most important think for Mr. Larson, just important.
I am thankful for the role that music has had in my life and the fact that he kept it there.
Thanks for all you did for me and the hundreds of kids just like me.
As a side note, All my kids have taken music in High School. As will their kids, I'm sure.
Your legacy lives on even when you can't see it.
This Pen's for you.
Beautiful Pen - Great Story. I bet Paul was astonished and you have reinforced the value of his life calling to teach. As I watch for these stories from you I think about all the people I would give pens to...50 sounds like so many, but it is incredible to recognize how many people touch our lives. Thanks for sharing Dave. HB
ReplyDelete