Labels
- 50 FIRST DATES (7)
- 50 MILES ON MY BIKE (1)
- 50 PENS (7)
- 50 SIT UPS IN 50 SECONDS (1)
- 50 STATES- WELL THE 50TH (3)
- THE 50 PROJECT (1)
Saturday, April 7, 2012
PEN 4- Got Magna?
I know that to have pride is bad, but to be proud of another's achievements?
I went to my Sons graduation last night...
Being the tight wad that I am, I made him a pen. I thought of him while I did it and all that he has taught me. I know it's suppose to be the other way around, but with him it's different. He listens to me, he believes me, and respects me.
That just makes me want to be better.
I knew when he was 2 years old and he brought all 6 lanes of traffic to a stop in front of our little home on University Ave, just by raising his arms, that he was destined for greatness. But little did I know how I would feel when I saw his name on the program for graduation. I was filled with something that made me want to stand up and shout out loud. THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!
I graduated from BYU as did his Mother and his Wife. But for him just graduating would not be good enough. Magna Cum Lada...he had to be the best of the best. When I was in college I didn't even know what that meant.
I don't think I was ever in he top 5% of the University except for pranks pulled on roommates or different girls dated in the same day. I guess all this babbling comes down to one thing. I am truely proud of my Son Today and the hard work and dedication he put into this degree. I guess this is my way of telling him I love him and shouting it all over the Internet.
THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!
This pen's for you Lorin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Dad. I am glad I had a good influence on your life.
ReplyDeleteWell...this made me cry a little. HB
ReplyDelete